Planning for the Safari is done. Now, the packing fun begins.
For my camera gear, I am renting a 70-300 f4-5.6 L from Houston Photo Rental for my Canon T3i. I will have about two 32GB cards, flash, my laptop to download the pictures at night and get some work done where wi-fi is available. June is going to be a cooler month [70-50F range] so more long sleeves and pants. Since I am walking in Serengeti [terribly excited] trekking shoes are a must. Can not forget SPF, hat, sunblock and my trusty scarf.
What else? School supplies. A lot of lodges that we partner with are members of this great organization called Pack for a Purpose. They work with the lodges around the world, identifying what they need for their community school and ask us tour operators to let our clients know what they can bring – 5 lbs of supplies or whatever you are comfortable carrying.
Lodges on they are currently partnered with that we will be stopping by :
– Onsea House in Arusha
– Gibbs Farm in beautiful Karatu Region
– Rhotia Valley right outside Ngorongoro Gate
– Sayari Camp – we will pass our supplies to this lovely camp on our way to Olakira Camp
– Ras Nungwi Beach Resort in Zanzibar Island
– Chem Chem Safari between Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Park
Looking forward to making someone’s day when in Tanzania.
Life Worth Exploring!